The Interreg Europe funded project “BRIDGES” has focused on the development of bio-economy through cooperation between research and business and the effectiveness of the smart specialization strategies of the regions involved. In Kainuu, the project has focused on the development of forest bio economy.
Key project themes have been:
- improving mismatches between the research/ knowledge and economic bases of regions towards more effective RIS3 implementation,
- interregional collaboration patterns and solutions addressing such mismatches and
- the role of innovation infrastructures in this process.
The implementation period of BRIDGES project has run from 1st April 2016 and is coming to an end on 31st March 2021. Now it is time to the sum up the work done and arrange an international closing conference.
When? On Thursday the 10th December 2020 at 10:00 – 14:00 CET.
How? The closing Conference will be arranged via Microsoft Teams
Register Online! https://webropol.com/ep/BRIDGES
The programme will include, among other things, contributions from the partner regions (Kainuu FI, Lubelskie PL, Helsinki-Uusimaa FI, Western Macedonia GR, Western Slovenia SI and Western Transdanubia HU) and advisory partners but also from the Interreg Europe Joint Secretariat. In the end, discussion on the project legacy will take Place.
The aim of the event is to justify, through a joint debate:
- Did the BRIDGES project experience respond to the important themes?
- What have been the most positive as well as the most challenging aspects of the BRIDGES project experience?
- What is our Experience from the stakeholder involvement and the involvement of the Managing Authorities / Intermediate Bodies?
- Is there something that will remain? What could we have done differently?
We warmly welcome all our stakeholders and other groups interested in the project theme to attend the closing seminar.